Monday, August 15, 2011

Mollukah 2011!


Merry Mollukah 2011!  It has been quite a lovely celebration so far this month.  We had the annual Mollukah pitch-in last weekend and it was loads of fun.  We almost got blown away by the storm that caused power outages and lots of damage.  It blew through Corydon about 30 minutes before the party.  Some of the guests were en route and had to wait it out in gas stations or at home.  But, it was a lovely crowd and a lovely party despite the rain and wind that tried to thwart our merry-making.
 I thought the spread was particularly nice this year with fruit salad, meat thingies (or Hanky Pankies), guacamole (sans cilantro, thanks Rhonda!), homemade salsa, fried cheese sticks, deviled eggs, peach cobbler, homemade ice cream... oh my, I wish I could go back and eat it all again!

My friend Melissa brought her sweet little gal, Cece and I just could not get enough of her bright blue eyes!

My big birthday gift this year was a fancy-butt camera.  I've been drooling over my sister-in-law's for quite some time.  I finally decided with the blog, our websites for the farm (in the works) and business, and just general living, I just *needed* one.  Ha ha.  So, here is Renata using her fancy-butt camera to take a picture of me taking a picture of her using my fancy-butt camera.  That's confusing, but I think you get the point.  So, look forward to some awesome (fingers crossed) pictures around here!  Once I get the hang of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment