Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Farm Fun Day!

I recently hosted the 2nd annual Farm Fun Day!  Last year it occurred to me that while we host a lot of events at our home, there was nothing for my mommy friends and their kiddos exclusively.  So, I decided to host a massive playdate with them at our farm.  It was a great success and everyone had a lot of fun, so it is now an annual event.  
These "sassy girls", as they called themselves, were all dressed-up for ... a barn dance?
This year I put out dress-ups and they were a big hit.  Who knew kids would want to put on tights in 90 degree weather?
My mama friends Rhonda and Amy

The littles enjoyed the pool.

We are all watching the pigs eat our leftovers.  I guess that's what makes it "Farm" fun day.

This year's first date was thwarted by thunderstorms and cool weather.  I hated to postpone, but it's no fun to be stuck inside our small home on "farm" fun day.  However, the rain date two weeks later was HOT!  But, it didn't keep everyone away!  The yard was shady enough that heat wasn't too oppressive until after lunch. We had a lovely pitch-in, fed the piggies our scraps and called it a day.  I'm already looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment