Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Baby gifties!

 A couple of my friends have recently been blessed with new babes, so I've been busy crafting away! I made this cute little froggie from a free online pattern.  Yay!  I love free patterns!  His bottom half is "stuffed" with a tennis ball which makes him a little bouncy. I debated whether or not to add the toes and I'm really glad I did, because I think they're so stinkin' cute.

My dear friend Jenny recently had twin boys to add to her brood of handsome guys (5 including hubby).  I felt like the twins might need matching sun hats and shoes.  I bought the patchwork fabric at Joann and think it turned out really cute.  While making these, I really came to realize how much I love my overlock sewing machine!  If you are a sewer and don't have one, I highly recommend it.  It does such a nice job finishing edges.  It took me awhile to get comfortable with it, but now that I am, I turn to it during almost every project.  It makes everything look more complete. The shoes were really a pain in the butt because of their size.  I'm not sure they will fit any baby feet, but I'm hoping to go meet the new guys soon and see.

I really love crafting gifts.  They seem to be well-received and, most of the time, the materials can be purchased for less than the cost of a store-bought gift.  Giving something personal and unique is fun.  I got a great book from my MIL for Mother's Day from my Amazon Wishlist full of great, small projects.  More about that to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment