Monday, November 7, 2011

Disney Part 3: the final one, folks. =)

Days 3 and 5 were spent at Magic Kingdom, my personal favorite.  We got to ride all the classic rides including The Carousel, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Small World, Haunted Mansion, etc., etc.  Maggie hung in for all the rides she was big enough for, even through the mildly scary parts!  


Lila was a little adventurer!  She was into the big rides!  She rode Splash Mountain (twice) and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (more than twice!).  She had a blast.  The last time we road Big Thunder Mountain, she squealed and giggled the whole way with her hands way up in the air!  It was so fun to watch her on that one.  We watched the parades (although Maggie slept right through them). Both girls really enjoyed the street shows and music.  Thursday night, the girls donned their costumes again and we did Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party.  For me, it was more crowded than was comfortable.  There were limited candy stops (I think 7 in the whole park), and it was a bit stressful for me.  If I had it to do over, I think I would skip this event which was extra anyway.  But, it was the only parade that Maggie was awake for and the girls did seem to enjoy it.  

Our 4th day was spent at Animal Kingdom.  This was my first time in the park.   My favorite thing we saw was the Lion King live show.  It was really wonderful.  It had a relatively small audience and was done in the round.  The cast members did dancing, singing, gymnastics, and the like.  The costumes were really great, of course.  We also caught the Bug's Life 3D movie, the Finding Nemo show, and played in The Boneyard which was a giant playground made to look like a dinosaur dig.  My little adventurer and I also rode Kali River Rapids which left us both soaked! 


We did get in a couple swims, although it was just a little cool.  We didn't stay in too long either time, but the girls associate swimming with vacation and I couldn't disappoint!  Overall, we had a really great time.  I was quite proud of my mothering that week.  October was a fabulous time to go- crowds were low, weather was beautiful, prices were right.  Thanks for all the fun, Mimi!

No comments:

Post a Comment