Sunday, November 14, 2010

Shower the people you love with love....


Today I co-hosted a bridal shower for Cam’s cousin Katie.  I was in charge of games and favors.  The games we played were a big hit.  And, these are the favors I decided on:

They are pins to attach to your blouse, bag, or headband.  I put each one on the top of a long, thin wire and arranged them in a little bouquet in a pretty purple vase that doubled as table decoration.  I think they turned out really cute and they were pretty inexpensive to create a unique favor. Each guest got to "pick" her flower at the end.   I can't find the blog I got that idea from.  =(  It's somewhere out there!  Marsha and Renata co-hosted with me and took care of everything else! We made a great team, I think. 

For a gift, I made Katie a casserole cover with her new initial on it that I got from someone else's cool blog.
The pink strip is a pocket for a serving spoon. 

Katie "H"... hmmm takes some getting used to. =)

The wedding colors are black and hot pink and I got tipped off that Katie likes polka dots.  Our family does pot luck (or bring a dish for you folks who don’t know what that is) for most holidays and I thought it would be a fun way for Katie to bring Grandma Howard’s famous mac and cheese.  It was a lovely afternoon to celebrate the bride-to-be, meet some future family, and enjoy the company of some great women. 

No comments:

Post a Comment